[XML-SIG] Status of elementtree?

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 03:10:54 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:23 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Well, elementtree is a single-person project. So you better ask
> Fredrik Lundh - nobody else will be able to provide you with
> a meaningful answer.

Sure, but it's also part of the python standard library, and this is
the XML-SIG list.   The chance is high someone here will know, and
then google will know the answer, too.

One of the problems we've had in the XML-SIG arena is people don't
know which libraries to use.  PyXML is still referred to as the
standard in many places, even though it's no longer in development.
lxml is still in development, but it's not in the standard library,
and uses elementtree's style as a base.  It's confusing, and the more
information we have describing the current situation, the better off
we'll be.

Anyway, that's why I asked here, rather than going straight to Lundh.

--
Andrew Diederich