[XML-SIG] "encoding" argument to xml.dom.minidom.toxml()?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jun 11 00:16:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

Bob Kline wrote:
> Stefan is (if he even realizes that Bill might be thinking
> this) himself possibly thinking "no way is the method going to do that
> much work for the caller."

No, I'm actually just saying that this is not a bug and maybe not even a
missing feature. It's a design decision. Saying that the "encoding" keyword
doesn't work, just because it detects the error that the user passed an
encoding target that cannot represent the data, is pretty obviously wrong.
Some people may expect this error.

Stefan