[XML-SIG] Installation Question

Tom Chen tomkit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 08:53:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am doing the following in cygwin to install PyXML (I obtained the
tar from sourceforge):

$ python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
running build_scripts

$ python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
running build_scripts
running install_lib
running install_scripts
changing mode of /usr/bin/xmlproc_parse to 755
changing mode of /usr/bin/xmlproc_val to 755
running install_data
running install_egg_info
Removing /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyXML-0.8.4-py2.5.egg-info
Writing /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyXML-0.8.4-py2.5.egg-info

Yet when I try to run a Makefile for something that requires PyXML I
get the following error:

$ make
.
.
.
--- Building binary
src/cx_Freeze-3.0.3/FreezePython --target-dir dist --include-modules \
encodings.string_escape,\

  File "C:\Python25\Lib\modulefinder.py", line 191, in load_tail
    raise ImportError, "No module named " + mname
ImportError: No module named xml.sax.drivers2
make: *** [dist] Error 1

I am wondering if there is some kind of path I need to set?
Installation seemed to be successful (the above logs are from
subsequent runs of the installation/build scripts; I've ran them
before and am running it again here to reproduce the output from
them).

Thanks,
--Thomas