[XML-SIG] xbelnormalize: .xbel reformat for CVS sharing, diff(1)ing etc.

Jan Kratochvil lace at jankratochvil.net
Mon Jun 6 09:49:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

URL
	http://cvs.jankratochvil.net/viewcvs/*checkout*/nethome/bin/xbelnormalize?rev=HEAD

for UNIX/Perl trivia xbelnormalize(1) to .xbel:
 * Reindent to a unified form.
 * Reencode to unified utf-8.
 * Strip any useless variable content (tested only with Galeon web browser).

to prepare the file for convenient CVS commits/updates/CVS conflicts
resolution.

It is also possible to meaningfully diff(1) the resulting files (a requirement
for CVS usage as a real versioning system).

I did not found such simple and clear to use tool for .xbel, I did not find any
tool for .xbel version management.

Regards,
Lace

(not on the mailing list, if this address is a list)