[XML-SIG] XML stuff

Neil Benn benn at cenix-bioscience.com
Fri Feb 18 16:15:47 CET 2005

Hello,

          Thanks for the response Brian:

---1
Cool - although I tested it straight off, binding to a Reader emitting
start/end doc, start/end elements and no characters (both making a
character call with an empty string and not making a character call at
all).  Anyways, I get a traceback :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CeLMA\Automation\Parsers\ParsingFramework.py", line 165, in ?
    objParser.parse(objTestFile)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\benn.CENIX-SCIENCE\My
Documents\svnfiles\CeLMA\Automation\Parsers\Implementation\HTDParser.py",
line 85, in parse
    self.__startDoc()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\benn.CENIX-SCIENCE\My
Documents\svnfiles\CeLMA\Automation\Parsers\Implementation\HTDParser.py",
line 193, in __startDoc
    self.__objHandler.startElement('data', AttributesImpl({}))
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\Python23\Lib\site-packages\_xmlplus\dom\ext\reader\Sax.py",
line 73, in startElement
    self._completeTextNode()
  File
"C:\PROGRA~1\Python23\Lib\site-packages\_xmlplus\dom\ext\reader\Sax.py",
line 52, in _completeTextNode
    if self._currText:
AttributeError: XmlDomGenerator instance has no attribute '_currText'

    self,__startDoc() looks like

---
    def __startDoc(self):
        self.__objHandler.startDocument()
        self.__objHandler.startElement('data', AttributesImpl({}))
---

    How's that for a method!!  It looks to me like a charcters problem
but I can't call charcters without calling startElement.  When I get
time I'll dig around to look for a solution.  In the meantime, I've
written a simple version meself.

---2
    For the XMLGenerator, there is not a flag in XMLGenerator that I can
find - it doesn't appear in the dir and something like that would be in
the dir as I would need to access it.  I ge teh point about the
insignifcant white space and that is why a pretty print should be an
option.  Although in most cases people don't care about insignificant
whitespace (i.e. white space outside of an element) in fact I can't
think of a _sensible_ reason to care about insignificant whitespace -
can you (it's a Friday afternoon, go on wonder away!)?

    Have a good weekend all.

Cheers,

Neil

--