[XML-SIG] Possible SOAP/ZSI bug?

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Tue Dec 6 02:27:42 CET 2005

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>I'm new to SOAP and pyXML. I tried to use the ZSI. Not sure about SOAPpy
>- is it better for me?

Now I also tried SOAPpy but it throws the same exception in XMLSchema.py
(which belongs to wstools - the same code base for SOAPpy and ZSI).
This is what the web service provider states on its home page:

"If you choose to also try a different SOAP client, please be sure it
supports document-style messaging (as we do not use RPC-style
messaging). Also, the SOAP API only supports the UTF-8 encoding scheme."

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is "document-style messaging"?
This web service provider tells me that the supported platforms are
Visual Studio .NET and Apache Axis. I have FreeBSD 4.8 which I must use,
but AFAIK Java does not run on it. :-(  I would like to use Python.

   Laszlo