[XML-SIG] XSV / Zope - help needed

Thomas B. Passin tpassin at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 20:13:52 EST 2004

Andrew Maclean wrote:
> Dear Fred,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work.  I tried to make the
> external mthod call a file in
>
>  C:/test/XSVcode.py
>
> with the result that Zope (yes, the latest version) recompiled the
> XSVcode.py for me, after initially refusing to recognise the statement
>
>  from XSV.driver import runit
>
> I then copied the folders "PyLTXML" and "XSV" from the Python22
> installation to the folder
>
>  C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python
>
> This time the (Script)Python I used to test came up with a message in
> the browser to the effect of the Python22 .dlls used conflict with what
> Zope is using.

Well, .pyc files may have absolute paths in them, and don't always work
if you move them to different directories.  You need to get Zope itself
working with Python 2.2 (if that is the version of xsv you have).  Then
you need to get the xsv packages into the Python path (I like to use
.pth files, and you have to make sure they are in Zope's Python path -
it is not uncommon to think that the Python path is set right, but it
turns out to be the path of some other Pyton installation instead of
Zope's).

I would then delete any .pyc or .pyo files that may be in the xsv
directories.   Then restart Zope.

You could load Zope's Python 2.2 interpreter from the command line and
make sure that it can import the right xsv packages.  At this point,
your external method should be able to load your code.

Cheers,

Tom P