[XML-SIG] PyXML API problem

Thomas B. Passin tpassin at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 20:59:38 EDT 2003

[Jeremy Kloth

> 4Sutie relies on Python's GC to release the memory when it is no longer
> needed.  So I guess if you want to force the release of the memory use:
>
> import gc
> gc.collect()

I had a java program that would keep allocating memory and occasionally pop
up its memory usage dramatically.  Eventually, it would bog the machine down
as it started swapping to virtual memory, then the java VM would quit.  It
would happen every day or several days (this was a persistent application).
I put in a few of the java equivalent of gc.collect() at the places I
suspected, and completely stopped the excessive memory growth.  (And I put
in a few assignments to null, too, but it was the forced collection that did
the job)

Cheers,

Tom P