[XML-SIG] something like Cocoon or Axkit ?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:14:47 -0700

> On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 15:06, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > > hello
> > >
> > > is there something for Python like Perl's Axkit
> > > or Cocoon ?
> >
> > Well Axkit and Coccon are not really that similar.  If you mean a Web-based
> > XML processing framework, that's exactly what 4Suite is:
> >
> > http://4Suite.org
> > http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/
> >

> > > I found nothing similar.
> >
> > Which makes me wonder exactly what you mean by "like Perl's Axkit or Cocoon".
> > after all, even besides 4Suite there is Maki, CherryPy+4XSLT,
> > Zope+XsltTransform, and more for all I know.  I'm not sure how you would have
> > missed them all.
>
> thanks for your answer.
> I forget something in my question. Axkit and Cocoon both have support
> for something called XSP. I am no Cocoon expert but used Axkit a bit
> and I really liked the XSP stuff.

XSP is basically a specialized language for embedding exits to XSLT code into
HTML.

4Suite doesn't bother with the intermediary: you write your scripts completely
in XSLT.  4Suite provides a very comprehensive library of extension functions
and elements that follow all the XSLT rules.  It also provides a variety of
ways for separating content from presentation, from basic xsl:import through
stylesheet chaining (a very recent feature).  I think 4Suite's approach is
superior to the XSP approach for several reasons, but then again, I'm just a
tad biased ;-)

If you liked XSL, I think you'd want to at least have a look at 4Suite.  See

https://www6.software.ibm.com/reg/devworks/dw-x4suite5-i/

(free registration required)

The open office file format  - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/librar
y/x-think15/