[XML-SIG] Implementing 'live'-ness in a 4DOM fork.

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Aug 20 01:45:46 EDT 2003

[sorry for not replying in the same thread -- mail server went down
and hasn't forwarded Andrew's reply yet]

Andrew Clover <and-xml at doxdesk.com> wrote:
[...]

First, many thanks for your reply -- very much appreciated!

Your implementation in pxdom of the scheme you describe seems very
neat, so maybe I'll do the same.  And I get your point about Nodes
only appearing in at most one NamedNodeMap, which is clearly an
important thing to notice.

However, though the ECMAScript bindings don't require being able to
'write through' HTMLCollections by indexing, real JavaScript code (as
you're no doubt aware, looking at the JS stuff on your web page) does
do this:

myselect.options[0] = new Option();

Don't know if the same is true of NodeLists.  Hmm.

John