[XML-SIG] inline html using elemettree

Jason Thompson jason at museunlimited.com
Thu Aug 21 20:43:31 EDT 2003

Here's a newbie question for someone who knows how to use elementtree.

I'm currently writing a blog-like system using elementtree to write the posts
to xml. It's all working very nicely only the content element I created has
to contain html markup. The problem is, when I write this to file using
elementtree the html tags are escaped. Is there a way to write the posting to
file using elementtree, but maintaining the html markup inside the content
tags?

e.g.

I've looked through the source code of the ElementTree module, but my newbie
eyes can't find a clue as to how to do this. I've also scoured the Web to no
avail.

Thanks in advance.

best,
Jason