[XML-SIG] Running XSV on Python 2.1.3 ?

Henry S. Thompson ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
03 Apr 2003 10:11:22 +0100

"Nico Grubert" <nicogrubert@web.de> writes:

> So, my question is: Is it somehow possible to run XSV on Python 2.1.3 ?

Deep within XSV is a fast validating XML parser written in C, and
integrated into Python via its native code interface.  Python 2.1 and
2.2 are incompatible at that level, alas.

It's perfectly possible to build the necessary library (PyLTXML) for
2.1, using the distutils packaging.  Just download
ftp://ftp.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/PyLTXML-1.3.tar.gz, unpack it and follow the
installation instructions, being sure to use python2.1 for the build
and installation.  The instructions will tell you how to get and
install the C parser as well -- there are binary installers for most
common architectures, so that should be straightforward.

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team