[XML-SIG] Running XSV on Python 2.1.3 ?

Nico Grubert nicogrubert@web.de
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:45:23 +0200

hello,

after henry helped me to get a result when validating an xml file against an xsd schema file, I have a question about XSV and Python 2.1.

I have installed Python 2.1 and Python 2.2 on my machine running Debian Linux. Furthermore, I have installed XSV 1.6 for both python versions:

So, XSV is installed in:
- /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/XSV/
- /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/XSV/

When running my short script to validate an xml file against an xsd schema file with python 2.2 everything works fine and I get a result. The XSV developers did a great job ! The parser is absolutely great for validating an xml file agains an xsd schema file.

When running the same script with python 2.1 nothing happens, and the python expression
"res = runit( xmlfile, [schemafile] )"
seems to crash, because after that line of code, Python does not do anything meaning that I can write the line "raise 'myError', 'My Error'" after the the line "res = runit( xmlfile, [schemafile] )" but the raise statement is never reached.

As I said: With Python 2.2 everything works fine. The problem I have is: I am using the web application server "Zope 2.6.1" which runs on Python 2.1.3 only and I can't get my script to work.

So, my question is: Is it somehow possible to run XSV on Python 2.1.3 ?

thanks in advance,
-nico
Sie stehen auf POP3? Dann versenden Sie mit WEB.DE FreeMail Ihre SMS
aus Outlook oder Netscape! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021178