[XML-SIG] WXS type library: guidance needed

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:52:13 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > This is something where I think an XML-SIG project would be
 > excellent.  Like em or not, data types are everywhere in XML
 > processing these days, and why should we even allow false reasons
 > for Java envy?  :-)
 >
 > I think we should take on a project to develop a generic XML type
 > library implementation for Python.

Andrew Kuchling started some work, currently checked into the PyXML
CVS repository in the "datatypes" directory of the sandbox module (not
the xml module).  I don't really know what the state of it is.

I'd really like to see Andrew's RELAX-NG package be finished and made
part of the standard PyXML distribution as well (it's also hidden in
the sandbox).  I offered to help work on it at one point, but then
never found the time to do so.  ;-(

Eric, perhaps you'd like to take a look at that code and see if it
works for what you're trying to do with XVIF, and help out with
general RELAX-NG support.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>