PyXML XPath and XSLT Re: [XML-SIG] Mass assignment of 4Suite bug reports

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
10 Sep 2002 09:48:12 -0600

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 23:19, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Anyway, I also think that because of the growing difference between the two
> code bases, that we should rename the set in PyXML.  I know I wanted to keep
> the "4XPath" and "4XSLT" names, but given the increasing likelihood of
> confusion, I think it's enough to record their provenience int he docs.
>
> If this seems like a good idea, how about "pyxpath" and "pyxslt"?

I'm all for this.  What I would like to see then in xml.xpath and
xml.xslt is smart import logic similar that in the default xml.

So, if a user tries to import xml.xslt.processor it will first look to
see if Ft.Xml.Xslt.Processor is available, and if not, then try
xml.pyxslt.Processor.  Or, any other of the xslt processors that people
are proposing.

This means a common (or close to common) set of interfaces on Xslt
parsers but that shouldn't be too hard to come up with.

Mike