[XML-SIG] PyXML XPath and XSLT

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:45:36 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > I think we can remove the 4Suite category from the PyXML bug roster.  Now
 > 4Suite has an SF project and bug tracker of its own.

We can't actually remove a category, but I've renamed it from "4Suite"
to "4Suite (inactive)", and I've added notes to the "Submit New" pages
for the Bugs and Patches trackers directing submitters to the 4Suite
project on SourceForge for matters relating to that project.

 > But anyway, looking at those bugs, some of them are actually bugs about the
 > 4XPath and 4XSLT in PyXML.

Please feel free to re-categorize as appropriate.

 > Anyway, I also think that because of the growing difference between
 > the two code bases, that we should rename the set in PyXML.  I know
 > I wanted to keep the "4XPath" and "4XSLT" names, but given the
 > increasing likelihood of confusion, I think it's enough to record
 > their provenience int he docs.

Do you think the package names should be changed, or just the
human-readable name?  I'm happy to see the human name change if that's
what you want.  I'd be less happy about changes that affect import
statements.

 > If this seems like a good idea, how about "pyxpath" and "pyxslt"?

If we're talking about names-for-humans, how about PyXPath and PyXSLT?

 > Anyway, I think we should decide on these matters before the next release.
 > Things have been up in the air way too long.

Too long, yes, but that's not a good reason to rush a decision in the
next couple of days.  When 4Suite 0.12 comes out and Martin updates
the code in PyXML, we can have another release with any needed
documentation updates we need to make.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>