[XML-SIG] Re: Memory leak in xmlrpclib.py on Windows?

Mark Moales mmoales@fluent.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:59:22 -0400

--------------3503276C9BA3ADCE3BFA777E

The problem still exists and it does appear to be in httplib, not
xmlrpclib.  I posted a bug on SourceForge (598797) on 8/22.

Thanks,

Mark

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > Mark Moales <mmoales@fluent.com> writes:
> >

> >>The problem appears to be in httplib.HTTPConnection.  I replaced
> >>xmlrpclib.Transport with my own socket-based Transport and the memory
> >>leak goes away.  So, I took the HTTPConnection sample out of the Python
> >>doc and stuck a loop around it.  Sure enough, I see a 4K increase every
> >>10 seconds or so over the life of the process.
>  >
> > I'm uncertain about the conclusion of this message. Do you mean to say
> > that this solves your problem, or that there still is a problem that
> > you want to solve, or get solved?
>
> I think Mark is saying that there seems to be a problem in the
> httplib (rather than xmlrpclib).
>
> Mark, please post a SourceForge bug report about this including
> your sample code.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Marc-Andre Lemburg
> CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH
> eGenix.com -- Makers of the Python mx Extensions: mxDateTime,mxODBC,...
> Python Consulting:                               http://www.egenix.com/
> Python Software:                    http://www.egenix.com/files/python/
--------------3503276C9BA3ADCE3BFA777E

begin:vcard
n:Moales;Mark
tel;work:603-643-2600 x758
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.fluent.com
org:Fluent, Inc.;Software Development
version:2.1
email;internet:mmoales@fluent.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;10 Cavendish Ct.=0D=0A;Lebanon;NH;03766;USA
fn:Mark Moales
end:vcard

--------------3503276C9BA3ADCE3BFA777E--