[XML-SIG] Re: Memory leak in xmlrpclib.py on Windows?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:11:05 +0200

Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Mark Moales <mmoales@fluent.com> writes:
>

>>The problem appears to be in httplib.HTTPConnection.  I replaced
>>xmlrpclib.Transport with my own socket-based Transport and the memory
>>leak goes away.  So, I took the HTTPConnection sample out of the Python
>>doc and stuck a loop around it.  Sure enough, I see a 4K increase every
>>10 seconds or so over the life of the process.
 >
> I'm uncertain about the conclusion of this message. Do you mean to say
> that this solves your problem, or that there still is a problem that
> you want to solve, or get solved?

I think Mark is saying that there seems to be a problem in the
httplib (rather than xmlrpclib).

Mark, please post a SourceForge bug report about this including
your sample code.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg