[XML-SIG] ANN: XIST 2.0

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:32:20 -0600

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 07:39:14PM +0200, Walter D=F6rwald wrote:
> >    * XIST now has namespace support for parsing and publishing.
> >      Namespace support is even available for entities and
> >      processing instruction.
> =

>   Are you trying to reinvent XML ? Namespace support for PI ???
> What's that ?

I have a similar question.  I did mention XIST in

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/18/py.html

But now I wonder whather I missed something fundamental about it.

What do the comments on namespaces in the announcement mean?  What is the=
 basic relationship between XIST and XML/XML NS?

-- =

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/0=
9/25/py.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.o=
rg/index.php/article/articleview/663/1/24/
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 2 - 'http://www.webservices.=
org/index.php/article/articleview/679/1/24/
Serenity through markup - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=3D6807
Tip: Using generators for XML processing - http://www-106.ibm.com/develop=
erworks/xml/library/x-tipgenr.html