[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
26 Mar 2002 23:35:50 +0100

Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes:

> > Would anybody object if Python 1.5 is not supported in future PyXML
> > releases anymore? If so, this is the time to speak up; please be
> > specific as to what your needs are.
>
> Well, I'm not sure I care, but why *should* it be dropped?

For most part, it would not be actively dropped. Instead, we'd just
remove the restriction that new code must work with 1.5, and I would
stop producing binaries for 1.5, and stop testing with 1.5 - this is
why I'm interested in that (reduction of workload).

For the specific case of pyexpat, I'd like to remove the #ifdef maze
in which each Python release added its own fragments; this is becoming
unmaintainable.

Regards,
Martin