[XML-SIG] XmlProc and the ANY element

30 Jul 2002 23:38:37 +0200

* Martin v. Loewis

| It sounds like there is a slight chance that performance will go
| down every time the content model is ANY; it would be good if you
| could arrange a test that shows that any slowdown is only
| insignificant.

Actually, there won't be a performance problem. The method that
returns the currently valid elements is not used by the XML validator
in xmlproc.

The method is just there because the XML content model validation code
is written in a way that means we have this information, and it's
useful for some types of applications (like DTD-driven editors).

| If you want to be particularly careful, please run the xmlproc test
| suite, which is in separate CVS module on PyXML CVS.

That would be good, in any case. Is that test suite up to date, BTW?
(I haven't looked at it in a looong time, I'm ashamed to admit.)