[XML-SIG] XmlProc and the ANY element

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
26 Jul 2002 21:04:12 +0200

Daniel Shane <shane@irosoft.com> writes:

> Please feel free to comment on these!

While I haven't used validation that much in the first place, I feel
that what you suggest is reasonable.

If you need this soon, the best way might be to implement it yourself;
when you are done, please post a patch to SourceForge.

It sounds like there is a slight chance that performance will go down
every time the content model is ANY; it would be good if you could
arrange a test that shows that any slowdown is only insignificant.

If you want to be particularly careful, please run the xmlproc test
suite, which is in separate CVS module on PyXML CVS.

Regards,
Martin