[XML-SIG] Re: [XML-checkins]xml setup.py,1.69,1.70

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
26 Jul 2002 08:56:09 +0200

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> We set the VERSION definition for Expat to "1.95.2", but include 1.95.4.
> Since Expat 1.95.3 and newer no longer require this, remove it.
> This closes SF bug #582762.

By the same rationale, you could remove all the other defines from
setup.py as well. It's not that VERSION is not needed anymore -
instead, PACKAGE_VERSION is now defined in expat_config.h. This ought
to be a generated file, but isn't.

We'll see how this works out: In principle, shipping a preconfigured
expat_config.h is evil, since it says things like HAVE_BCOPY,
HAVE_DLFCN_H, ... which may not be true for the target system.

Regards,
Martin