[XML-SIG] Simple DOM API a la dom4j/jdom

Gerhard Häring haering_python@gmx.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:26:39 +0200

Does such a thing exist with a BSD-style license somewhere for Python?
Now that I try to use XML again after a long time, I find the DOM API
just too clumsy, and have written a very basic DOM wrapper that allows
me to do things like:

doc = reader.fromStream(open("flow.xml"))
print DOMWrapper(doc)["startnode"][0].name
      Wrapper        Element coll.|   attribute

                                  First element, also supports iterators

If something like this exists already and is debugged, I'd be
interested.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 17.1 °C      Wind: 2.7 m/s