Fwd: [XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-581175 ] Bad bangpath for scripts on install (e.g

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
14 Jul 2002 14:13:32 -0600

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 13:48, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> writes:
>
> > No.  It's merely a clear sign that distutils has modified them.
> > Unfortunately, it has done so incorrectly.
>
> It is also a sign that there is something broken in the Python
> installation; distutils couldn't possibly make this value up.
>
> So maybe Juergen's theory is right that the installation was
> configured for a different directory than it is installed into.

No.  The --prefix I used on ./configure is exactly where it remains.
I'll trace the problem through distutils, as you suggest.  The reason I
didn't just do this before filing the bug report was that I didn't want
to spend too much time on this problem, but I think it's raised enough
discussion that I should help bring it to closure.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think11.html