[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:32:44 -0400

I'm planning to release Expat 1.95.4 tomorrow.  This promises to be a
stable release that fixes a lot of minor bugs and includes more
platform support.

What I'd like to do is:

  - modify pyexpat.c to support Expat's recent ability to return
    namespace prefixes as well as namespace URIs (useful for DOM
    construction),

  - update the DOM construction code, at least for the new minidom
    builder, to use this to get namespace prefixes right, and

  - integrate Expat 1.95.4 into PyXML.

Once this is done, I'd like to see another release of PyXML go out so
that these new features get broader testing.  I don't know what
version number this release should carry.

Any objections, comments, or suggestions?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation