[XML-SIG] minidom enhancements

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:11:14 -0400

I've just merged the changes to minidom into the trunk; this should
buy us a little performance.  The new xml.dom.expatbuilder module
enables the buffer_text option in the CVS version of the pyexpat
wrapper, which can buy quite a bit of performance if you parse
documents which contain stretches of text that span many lines.

I haven't enable the buffer_text option in the SAX drivers for Expat,
since it does change the callbacks the content handler receives, but
doing so would not change the conformance to the SAX/SAX2 specs.

Users might want to try setting buffer_text to true on the parser
returned by expat.ParserCreate() in ExpatParser.reset() in the
xml.sax.expatreader module.  Please report your experiances with this
to the list; if we can safely set this, performance will be better for
more users.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>