[XML-SIG] dom building, sax, and namespaces

Andrew Dalke Andrew Dalke" <dalke@dalkescientific.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:30:42 -0700

Sylvian Thenault:
> [..]

Okay, I'll look at XMLDomGenerator.

>the new module name for the latest 4Suite version is "4Suite".

Thanks.  The 4Suite people might want to update that web
page with the outdated CVS info.

> You could read http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDatabaseProds.htm
> to see a list of native xml database and relationnal database
> which can be queried with xpath.

I have.  I've also been talking directly to people in a couple
of those XML database companies about using their repective
system for this field, bioinformatics.

> So why don't you store your data in a standard relationnal
> database and query it using SQL, if you and your customers
> find it easier ?

That's another one of the solution I'm developing.  I have
a proof-of-concept solution as well.  I don't like relational
databases for this data because some of the information is
ordered and some of it is tree-like, and the solutions I've
seen to handle that in an RDBMS seem very hackish to me.  I
think the XML data model is more appropriate.

BTW, information about what I'm doing, in a commercial sense,
is at http://www.dalkescientific.com/

                    Andrew
                    dalke@dalkescientific.com