[XML-SIG] 4XSLT Bug Affecting Document()

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:48:30 -0500

[Uche Ogbuji]

[Tom P]

> > While running transformations from Zope using 4xslt from 4suite 0.11.1,
> > found a bug that prevented document() from finding the specified file.
This
> > occurs in Windows, when a relative uri is used.  I have hacked up a
partial
> > fix, but really a more comprehensive fix is needed.
> >
> > The problem fundamentally arises (I think) because
urlparse.urlparse(uri)
> > can wrongly think that a Windows drive specifier is a scheme.
>
> SNIP.
>
> This was also reported on the 4Suite mailing list.
>
> OK.  I give up.  I need help.  I am mostly ignorant of Windows, and have
no
> easy way to test anything.
>
> Shall we just put a standard URI resolver class into PyXML/4Suite?  The
one
> already in 4Suite could serve as a start.  Then Windows folks could add
the
> right sys.platform-specific voodoo, and likewise UNIX users, MAC users,
etc.

> Then, after this (probably slow) class is set up, we could look at ways of
> optimizing it witout breaking any of the sys.platform-specific algorithms.

I'd say so.  Preferably pyxml but 4Suite would be OK too.  It would need to
handle file: urls correctly on all supported platforms (the standard python
libs didn't, at least they didn't used to), and relative urls when they had
various path steps like ..\..\, etc., and were on Windows (and wouldn't Macs
tend to have problems too?).  Beyond that, the machinery would be available
for future extensions, which sounds good.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will have plenty of help working things out on
Windows.    You can include me in that.

Cheers,

Tom P