[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:49:04 -0500

Daniel Veillard writes:
 >   hum, actually both reports came from people who had recompiled
 > the library themselves. I start suspecting some divergences in the
 > libtool processing. My version of libtool does the shared lib lookup

Just mentioning libtool puts the details beyond my understanding!

 > I will try to explictely add the references to libxml2, libz and libm,
 > but still they should use the same shared library instance, so the LD_GLOBAL
 > flag should be activated (when possible).

Then it looks like you'll have to use one of the setdlopenflags()
hacks.  ;-(  Just make sure you re-set the flags once you've done the
necessary imports.

This does reinforce the value of building the interpreter with many of
the standard modules built into the executable rather than dynamically
loaded.  Especially things like libz, since there are so many other
libraries that use them.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>