[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:41:57 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:28:38PM -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> I remember playing with this once, and I ended up linking the
> dependent dynamic object to the other.  It worked, but it can be
> fragile (due to the search for the first if the dependent object is
> loaded first).  Basically, you'd need to add A.so to the link command
> for B.so; I forget if there were any other magical parameters to
> give.  This might be worth playing with.

  hum, actually both reports came from people who had recompiled
the library themselves. I start suspecting some divergences in the
libtool processing. My version of libtool does the shared lib lookup

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -g  -o libxsltmod.so -o libxsltmod.so libxslt.lo types.lo libxslt-py.lo ../libxslt/libxslt.la ../libexslt/libexslt.la  -shared -Wl,-soname,libxsltmod.so

launch

gcc -Wall -g -o libxsltmod.so -o libxsltmod.so libxslt.o types.o libxslt-py.o -shared -Wl,-soname -Wl,libxsltmod.so  ../libxslt/.libs/libxslt.a -lm ../libexslt/.libs/libexslt.a -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libxslt.so /usr/lib/libxml2.so -lm -lm -lm -lz -lm

But some other version might not do it, or may not activate it due
to prefix differences.
I will try to explictely add the references to libxml2, libz and libm,
but still they should use the same shared library instance, so the LD_GLOBAL
flag should be activated (when possible).

Daniel