[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:35:07 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 08:55:42AM -0500, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> [Daniel Veillard]
>
> Love the work

  thanks,

> but hate the web site:

  Arghh, sorry if we get off-topic there :-\

> 1) Pages with code like http://xmlsoft.org/python.html do not wrap, making
> them extremely annoying to read.  They don't wrap because the code is in
> <pre> tags to prevent line breaks, which works for the code but makes the
> rest of the page nearly unusable.  This is made worse by:

  Any alternative to pre ? Code doesn't do it, width on pre seems
to get ignore and code with "white-space: pre" gives the same result for me.

> 2) The fonts are too large and are fixed in size by the css.  So I can't
> make them display smaller (well, I can with Opera but that's the only
> browser that can demagnify).

   Galeon provides that too.

> I urge you to change the font specification to
> use relative sizes (e.g., {font-size:110%}), and use smaller font sizes in
> the <pre> elements (say 80%).  This way the user will be able to change the
> size of the display.   The way it is probably looks fine on a 21 in monitor
> using 1280 resolution, but everyone doesn't have one.

   Hum, each time I touch those CSS settings somemeone complains I
should fix them in a different way... the good point is that I just need
to change them in the XSLT to fix the whole site:

------------------------
TD {font-size: 14pt; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica}
BODY {font-size: 14pt; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica; margin-top: 2em; margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em}
H1 {font-size: 20pt; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica}
H2 {font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica}
H3 {font-size: 16pt; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica}

  Is removing all the font-size properties sufficient ?
I tried and it looks acceptable to me in term of size. But doesn't fix
the fact that <pre> extends too much.
  What do you suggest ?

Daniel