[XML-SIG] Re: Ideas for web/ package

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:33:40 +0100

Walter D=F6rwald wrote:
>=20
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>  > Seriously, mxURL will slowly move towards RFC 2396 and
>  > so the answer is "yes, but...".
>=20
> What I'd like to have is an RFC2396 compliant URL class,
> that has all the url components as assignable properties,

mxURL provides an immutable type, so assigment to attributes
is not possible. However, you can use an existing URL object
to construct a new one out of it: the .rebuild() method
allows to do this.

Something I might add in the future is support for what
you've called path_segments (with the possibility to assign
parameters to all path segments, not just the last one as
is currently implemented in mxURL). I've never actually seen=20
it in use on web-pages and didn't even know about this
possibility when I wrote mxURL.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH