[XML-SIG] minidom changes & additional modules

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
15 Feb 2002 10:26:46 -0700

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 02:13, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> The issue here is that there are atleast three competing such
> implementations: xml.dom.ext.reader.PyExpat.Reader,
> Ft.Xml.pDomlette.PyExpatReader, and your ParsedXML reader, so the
> question is which one to use.
>
> At IPC10, I've toyed already with integrating the ext.reader into
> minidom, but I'm happy to throw that away.
>
> Mike Olson is interested in dumping pDomlette in favour of minidom,
> but that would require that there is a pDomlette compatible reader.
> We could probably still use the API and implementation you've been
> designing (especially since it appears to follow DOM Level 3); hoping
> that we can provide the 4Suite-style reader API on top of that.
>
> The one feature that Mike wants to see in the reader is optional
> XInclude support; it should be possible to incorporate that from
> 4Suite once you have committed your changes.

I've already started on some of this work.  I have pDomlette removed
from 4Suite and most of our code working with minidom.  However, I kept
our own reader since this is where the XInclude work is done.  I have a
small list of midifications that needed to be made.  Most were
unsupported methods.  As soon as I'm satisfied that all is working good,
I'll send out a patch.

Mike