[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.7 & 4XSLT

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:37:59 -0600

> [Fred L. Drake, Jr.]
>

> > I've trawled through the list archives looking for an answer, and it
> > looks like the answer is "There is no version of 4Suite that works
> > with PyXML 0.7."
> >
> > Is this right?  Does the xml.xslt package stand a chance?  Just how
> > complicated has the installation dance become?
> >
> > --sigh--
> >

> Whoa, hold on, everyone!  I am running pyxml 0.7 with 4Suite 0.11.1 and I
> can run transformations with 4xslt.  I just tried it out to verify my
> memory.  I am using Python 1.5.2 on Windows, but I seem to recall that I got
> it working with 2.1 also.
>
> I remember one or two bugs in xpath and somewhere else that I had to fix - I
> posted about them months ago.  I can't remember if nothing worked until I
> fixed them or just one particular thing.  Probably the latter.  The deal is
> to install pyxml 0.7 first, then delete any ft, xpath, and xslt directories
> and install 4suite.
>
> I can't say about any CVS versions.  I'm talking about the distribution I
> got from SourceForge quite some time ago.

Or just use

python setup.py --without-xslt --without-xpath install

I suppose the job of integrating XPath/XSLT just got easier, since fiddling to
remove pDomlette is no longer necessary.  But it's stil a job.

--
Uche Ogbuji                   Principal Consultant     Fourthought, Inc.
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com   http://Fourthought.com   +1 720 320 2046