[XML-SIG] hi,

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:39:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Laurent Tardif wrote:

> with some friends we start to design an SVG authoring tool in python.
>
> And, of course, we use the xml library.
>
> I have some questions :
> 	- what's the current activity on xml ?

It's quite high I think. Most people here are actively using the tools in
PyXML, so this means that you'll find a high level of support on this
list.

> 	can we hop some improvement the the DOM classes, some bug fix, and so
> one,
> 	we will be please to fix some of them.
> 	What is the way to contribute ?
> 	For the moment we have found some field in the data structure which are
> not up to date.

Now this is strange. I thought I had completely debugged 4DOM ;o)  Which
DOM implementation are you using? Please report bugs on the list (or even
better on the bugtracker of the sourceforge project
(http://pyxml.sf.net/), and submit patch to the patch manager, or on the
list.

> 	- there is a plan to do some XSLT processor engine ?

Please check 4Suite. http://www.4suite.org/, which provides a full blown
XSLT engine. There's also another project whose name I cannot remember
which provides python bindings to the C++ Xalan XSLT engine
(http://xml.apache.org/), and python bindings to the Sablotron XSLT
engine.

> 	-how can we extend the documentation ?
> 	 for a python beginer, it's quit impossible to find how to :
> 		- laod a xml document
> 		- write a Xml document
> 		- set the validating property on the parser
> 		- ....
> 		- and all the XML api is not documented, find
> 		  the class in xml.dom.ext is very funny ;-)

The documentation is still being written. If you check the SIG's page, and
follow the documentation link, you'll eventually reach this page

http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/xml-howto/DOM.html

Does it answer your questions?

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).