[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:42:33 +0100 (CET)

OK, here's my take on the list:

default value of namespace feature
 * update documentation to state that the default is FALSE
 * release fixed version of xmlproc

namespace-prefix feature is not supported by parsers
 * decide if supporting setting this feature is mandatory or not
 * if yes, fix parsers

way of reporting no-namespace (None or '')
 * decide which one to use. Already done, I think, but I cannot remember
what the decision was
 * PyExpat uses '', xmlproc uses None. Using None has a strong impact on
code using DOM.
 * documentation

documentation of features and properties
 * make sure that the default value is always specified, and that optional
features and properties are clearly marked as such

That's all for now, but other stuff may come up during the weekend break.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).