[XML-SIG] pDomlette and 4Suite 0.12

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:47:29 +0100 (CET)

I take it from the messages I've seen on the list during the week that
4Suite 0.12 will feature some important changes in the domlettes. Since
Narval currently heavily depends on pDomlette, I'd like to ask a few
questions so that we can planify our next moves:

 * will pDomlette be available in 4Suite 0.12?

 * will there be a 0.11.2 before 0.12?

 * there's been some talks about a possible merge between pDomlette and
minidom. Mike Olson seems to be keen on this one, I fail to remember
anyone from PyXML being enthusiastic (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Does this mean that pDomlette will no longer be supported, and that
minidom will go on by itself?

 * do you accept patches on pDomlette, or have you decided to stop
maintaining it completely?

 * what is the status of the R/W cDomlette? I can see there is some code
along these lines in the CVS repository, but it doesn't seem to be
activated.

Thanks,

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).