[XML-SIG] where is test_support.py?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 23:50:57 +0100

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Martijn Faassen writes:
>  > Am I to understand this is part of the Python standard library (looked, but
>  > couldn't find it), or is this part of Python's testing framework?
>  > I don't think I have the Python tests installed on my debian box; I'll
>  > take a look to see if that helps.
>  >
>  > [back later]
>  >
>  > Ah, it does. :) Onwards!
>
>   Does Debian not install the tests by default?

No, at least not since the recent changes in the Python packaging in unstable.
It says this in the description:

Regression test for the Python (v2.1) distribution.

You only want to install this if you don't trust the Python (v2.1)
packages.

> That should be filed
> against Debian as a bug report -- Python's regression test is part of
> it's standard library, and should always be installed.  Event the most
> misertly should get test/regrtest.y and test/test_support.py
> installed even if the regression tests themselves are dropped; those
> are the framework components.

I'll pass this on to debian as coming from you. :)

Regards,

Martijn