[XML-SIG] where is test_support.py?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:24:20 -0500

Martijn Faassen writes:
 > Am I to understand this is part of the Python standard library (looked, but
 > couldn't find it), or is this part of Python's testing framework?
 > I don't think I have the Python tests installed on my debian box; I'll
 > take a look to see if that helps.
 >
 > [back later]
 >
 > Ah, it does. :) Onwards!

Martijn,
  Does Debian not install the tests by default?  That should be filed
against Debian as a bug report -- Python's regression test is part of
it's standard library, and should always be installed.  Event the most
misertly should get test/regrtest.y and test/test_support.py
installed even if the regression tests themselves are dropped; those
are the framework components.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>