[XML-SIG] getAttribute??

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:27:07 -0500

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> I consider this a bug in DOM, not the implementation.  Certainly, the current
> behavior of the Python DOMs is fully conformant.  We've been through this
> dance before.  Basically, as the DOM itself sternly warns: you don't mix NS
> and non-NS DOM usage unless you want trouble.
>
> I'm not sure that I'd be willing to support any "fixes" that basically hack
> around this DOM confusion.

I'll have to look at the code again, but it looked like a bug to me: the
API of the DOM-1 calls was not changed but they started failing when
using the DOM-2 code, and there was no reason for them to fail. They
failed because the DOM implementation code was not accounting for the
null namespace qualifier in the dictionary.

But it's possible I've misunderstood how the code is supposed to work
and inappropriately fixed it.

Cheers,

E.

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m