[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-421553 ] stylesheet node reader requires '' NSURI

Wed, 9 May 2001 09:08:00 +0200

> I admit that I'm unclear about the relationship between 4Suite and
> PyXML - I thought that once a module was added to PyXML, that
> checking out PyXML would give you sufficiently bleeding edge code to
> develop with and prod for bugs.

It is absolutely bleeding edge, yes, and bug reports are welcome.

However, until PyXML is released with these packages, you should not
assume that they actually work. Indeed, one possible scenario is that
the next PyXML release does *not* included these subdirectories.

> Once a module from 4Suite is added to PyXML, is the PyXML version a
> checkout from the 4Suite CVS tree?  Or is development moved to the
> PyXML tree?

Neither, nor. 4XSLT uses a different XPath expression parser than the
copy in PyXML; the 4XSLT one is based on BisonGen/SWIG/bison/flex; the
PyXML one (dubbed PyXPath) uses Yapps/(s)re. The port to the other
parser, as well as other DOM implementations, is not complete.

> Why aren't the test suites part of PyXML?

A number of reasons. First of all, Fourthought has not contributed
them (although they might if asked). Then, the tests do require a
4Suite installation at the moment. Finally, the tests don't pass
without modifications; I'd like to minimize the necessary changes
before incorporating tests.

Regards,
Martin