[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.6.5

Johann Visagie johann@egenetics.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:33:16 +0200

Uche Ogbuji on 2001-03-16 (Fri) at 05:53:13 -0700:

> > but I have yet to face up to the monster that is the proper
> > integration of 4Suite and PyXML ports.  Currently, therefore, FreeBSD has no
> > 4Suite port.  I hope this will change soon.  :-)
>
> Actually, this is not true.
>
> See
>
> http://www.4suite.org/FAQ.epy#1.1

Hmm.  This port has not been committed to the FreeBSD ports tree, and is
therefore not an "official" FreeBSD port.  (FreeBSD ports are installed as
part of the OS in /usr/ports, and most FreeBSD users would update their ports
tree regularly via CVSup or similar.)

I now notice that it has been submitted several times, but looking at it I
would guess the reason why it has not been committed is that it suffers from
the same problems Jérôme originally mentioned.  For instance, it does not
attempt peaceful cohabitation with the PyXML port.

-- Johann