[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.6.5

Jérôme Marant jerome.marant@free.fr
15 Mar 2001 10:31:31 +0100

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

=20
> At the moment, you have two options:
>=20
> a) you can declare PyXML as a prerequisite of 4Suite; in that case,
>    I'd appreciate if you'd restrict to released versions of PyXML only
>    - no matter how broken they are.

  This option is the most elegant, IMHO and the one I chose. Hence,
  you avoid bloating by providing stricly different components, and
  you do not forbid 4Suite users to use the latest bugfixed version
  of PyXML.
  I'm trying to follow what happening on the list to keep informed
  and it is my job to make decisions when something is broken: I
  can easily make changes to packages.

  Cheers,=20=20
=20
> P.S. No, I don't mean to start a flame war on licensing :-) Python
> licensing will hopefully sort out with 2.1.

  I don't like famewars neither. We are glad to see that this
  problem will be worked out in 2.1 (as it was recently with 1.6.1).
  Until then, we must have multiple versions of packages for both
  1.5.x and 2.0.

--=20
J=E9r=F4me Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://jerome.marant.free.fr