[XML-SIG] packaging 4Suite

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:56:19 +0100 (CET)

On 14 Mar 2001, Jérôme Marant wrote:

>   I'm the Debian maintainer of the PyXML package and I'm working on
>   packaging 4Suite for Debian (BTW, do you agree with it?). So, I have
>   to remove PyXML and 4DOM sections as they are provided by the PyXML
>   package (4Suite depends on PyXML) and I was wondering whether I'd
>   have to remove more and more components :-)

Hmm, would it not be easier to have the 4Suite debian package "provide"
PyXML, and maybe make both packages conflict (so that one would have to
choose between PyXML and 4Suite, knowing that the latter is a strict
superset of the former).

This said, I'm by no mean an expert of the Debian policies...

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).