[XML-SIG] Re: Version number question on PyXML 0.6.4

Marsiske Stefan - 3244 stefan.marsiske@sysdata.siemens.hu
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:31:19 +0100

hi,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:22:34PM +0100, Martin von Loewis wrote:
> > I'm begining to think someone from the Enlightenment window manager project
> > has been given control of the version numbering for PyXML.
>
> I don't know much about Enlightenment, so I can't tell whether this is
> applause or criticism - I assume it's the latter...

i feel offended here, since i'm involved a with E. and i agree totally with
the versioning.  since atm we're at our 4 rewrite of the whole app. so the low
version numbering is ok. though maybe for each rewrite we could also choose a
new name, and start over from 0.1. e-0.16.5 could be considered a major
release. but we scrapped that, and started over. once again. always
improving. :)