[XML-SIG] XML DTD for RPM spec and PO files

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:44:54 +0200 (CEST)

>  > Would any of you know if there is an existing DTD for RPM .spec files =
and
>  > for .po files ?
>=20
>   Neither of these are XML-based languages, so I presume you're asking
> for XML-based equivalents?  There might be something for .po files --
> the Translation Memory eXchange specification is available at:

Actually I'm coordinating the french translation of the LDP and I'm
looking for existing XML DTDs that would map the structure of .po and
=2Espec files in order to generalize XML as an exchange, archive and
manipulation format for translations.

For a .po file, the idea would be to map

"Project-Id-Version: PyXML 0.6.5"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2001-07-21"

msgid "error"
msgstr "erreur"

msgid "OK"
msgstr "OK"

to something along the lines of

<po id=3D'PyXML' version=3D'0.6.5'>
  <msg>
   <id>error</id>
   <str>erreur</str>
  </msg>
  <msg>
   <id>OK</id>
   <str>OK</str>
  </msg>
</po>

And the same thing for .spec files.

Then I can store all these files and there translation and use the same
tools (xmldiff and XSL transforms) to deal with new versions, detect parts
that changed, produce reports and even generate the original format (XML
-> po or XML -> spec).

--=20
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais o=F9 est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (F=