[XML-SIG] xsl:nclude-and-transform

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:40:59 -0600

> Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> > =

> > Hi Lists,
> > =

> > Here is what I'd like to do :
> > =

> > company.xml (my own DTD)
> > =

> >         <company>
> >            <name>Logilab</name>
> >            <address>10 rue Louis Vicat</address>
> >            <web>http://www.logilab.com/</web>
> >         </company>
> > =

> > document.xml (DocBook DTD)
> > =

> >         <article>
> >           <author>
> >             <surname>Chauvat</surname>
> >             <affiliation>
> >               <!-- insert here the result of company.xml
> >                    transformed with company2docbook.xsl
> >                    should be
> > =

> >                    <orgname>Logilab</orgname>
> >                    <address>
> >                      <street>10 rue Louis Vicat</street>
> >                    </address>
> >               -->
> >             </affiliation>
> >           </author>
> > =

> >          <sect>
> >            <!-- the rest of my document -->
> >          </sect>
> >        </article>
> =

> =

> Why not just use xinclude?
> =

>  <affiliation?
>   <xi:include href=3D'company.xml'/>
>  </affiliation>
> =

> =

> Then extend the stylesheet that you would use to process the standard
> docbook with templates like:
> <xsl:include href=3D'docbook.xsl'/>
> <xsl:template match =3D'doc:affiliation/logi:company'>
> </>

Unfortunately, this kills most of the flexibility Nico wants.  For one th=
ing, =

I think the intention is to have the inclusion transparent to the stylesh=
eet.

I have several solutions, all in a separate message.

-- =

Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management