[XML-SIG] Roadmap document - finally!

19 Feb 2001 11:06:03 +0100

* Martin v. Loewis

| Assuming you are talking about XSV
| (http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/xmlschema/),

I was.

| Appart from that, I find the implementation strategy for XPath, well,
| interesting...

How so? You've made me curious now. :)

| XSV also has a file called XMLInfoset.py. I'm not sure how that
| integrates with a parser; you may need to use LT XML.

It doesn't integrate directly.  XMLInfoset.py is just the data
structure. The LTXMLInfoset.py module has the code for using LTXML to
build a data structure. As far as I can tell no other parsers are
used, but it seems that layer.py is the place to look to integrate
them.

It also seems that a SAX filter may be difficult, because from what I
can tell one needs to build the entire tree before validating.

--Lars M.