[XML-SIG] Roadmap document - finally!

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:13:02 +0100

> Henry Thompson has already done this for us. As far as I understand
> his implementation can be used with any parser, so we may want to
> make a SAX filter that can do schema validation based on his
> stuff. Does anyone have opinions on this?

Assuming you are talking about XSV
(http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/xmlschema/), I had a short look at this once
when I studied XPath. Unless I'm missing something obvious, it seems
that the XPath support in it is quite incomplete. E.g. where is the
evaluation of binary operators, or function calls to the builtin
functions?

Appart from that, I find the implementation strategy for XPath, well,
interesting...

I can't comment on the schema validation itself, as I don't understand
that spec at all (I haven't even read it).

> | A low-level Infoset API would be interesting
>
> Personally I would prefer to see a nice tree-based XML API. My
> personal opinion is that the DOM stinks and needs replacement.  Sean
> McGrath's xTree looks far better, in my opinion.

XSV also has a file called XMLInfoset.py. I'm not sure how that
integrates with a parser; you may need to use LT XML.

Regards,
Martin